Thursday, February 7, 2008

360 Degrees of Asshole

Because this site is so new and there is just so much asshole to cover, I’d like to take a moment to pause and recognize assholes of the past and present, so to pave a gilded road for the assholes of the future.

The first asshole of weeks past comes straight from the office water cooler, if you will. Now, I genuinely believe that while he may be well intentioned, there is something lurking inside of him that just screams to the outside world: I’m a HUGE ASSHOLE! Perhaps it is suggested by some of his words and actions. But the debate has emerged in a different light, today. A dear friend and colleague of mine’s response when I told her to take all her internal rage about her boss and write it up:

Rainbow Bright: I just did so funny

where did you find this site?

me: its amazing

im contributing

Rainbow Bright: sorry he called me into his office

stop

me: HAHAHA

he is so the asshole of the day

Rainbow Bright: LOL

me: will you write a little one about him

and I will send it in

Rainbow Bright: haha I cant do that

me: you are pathetic, but I love you

Rainbow Bright: NO

Lol, I cant do something like that

It’s kind of like the ‘which came first: chicken or egg,’ debate with this one—on one hand, her boss is a huge, flaming asshole. On the other hand, she still, despite his abuse, maintains ardent defense of him. So are people who choose not to acknowledge the level of asshole bestowed upon them, bigger assholes? I’ll let you make the call.

No comments: