Monday, February 11, 2008

Better Late Than Never, Asshole

The Asshole Stimulus

Many, while wholly amused, seem befuddled by the sheer existence, prestige and nobility of Asshole of The Day. As such, I felt it was my responsibility to assert some clarity to the situation.

An exchange between the founding assholes, Gisele and Sarah:

Gisele: im writing a hypothetical letter to Sparky that we can post on Judge Judy's blog--I didn’t use names

Sarah: Can't wait to read it!!

Gisele: it's harsh! And awesome.

Sarah: Haaaaa – perfect for Judge Judy's blog

Gisele: …. Parting is such sweet sorrow, sweet ex. I want to wish you all of the best in your future endeavors as we go our separate ways. And as we take this moment of final reflection to ponder what was and what could have been, I ask you this: remember when we starting dating and I asked you if you were sure you could handle such an ego-maniacal, narcissistic materialist, and you said it was a risk you were willing to take? Well, it was also a risk that Happy, Sleepy, Sneezy, Bashful and Doc were willing to take as well…while we were "together." See you on the flip side!



Lots of Love always,



The Real Love of your Life

Sarah: Love it – do you want me to send it to Judge Judy or do you want to edit?

Gisele: nah--therapeutic hate letters are best when published in their initial stream of consciousness

Sarah: I got it.

Gisele: you dig the mean letter. I feel so much better. im totally doing this every time im pissed. It’s a total rage killer.

Sarah: Do you want to start a blog too?

Gisele: 1,000% we so should--"things that piss me off"

Gisele: well I said im doing it I probably won’t

Gisele: or today’s biggest asshole blog:

today’s biggest asshole blog goes to my newspaper guy outside of my office building--if you don’t want me leaving money for the paper, then stay in your f’ing cubby. asshole.

Sarah: OMG - that's fantastic


And thus, Asshole of the Day was born. Just two super cool chicks who believe in the credo of honesty: it is, after all, the best policy. So, Read. Enjoy. Contribute. Asshole.

No comments: